Each member of the government contracting community is obligated to continuously improve knowledge and performance in the field, and to abide by the standards set forth below. Ethical behavior by government and business entities throughout the procurement process ensures a fair and impartial system where competition results in the best product for the best price for American taxpayers while improving the business climate for small and midsize businesses.
Each member of the NAGC government contracting community agrees:
- To serve the government contracting community to the best of their ability
- To conduct themselves in a manner that brings credit upon the community
- To avoid conflicts of interest
- To comply with all laws and contracts; upholding security of protected information
- To remain informed and educated in the field of government contracting
- To share knowledge and promote growth of the field through assisting those new to the field
- To never influence others to breach this code
Each member of NAGC agrees to abide by this code and report any infractions of this code to the association or appropriate legal authority.